Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Summons

We got the court summons today for Mason's 12 Month Review Hearing. This is the first time we've received a court summons for Mason's case. Of course, we're always allowed to attend court, but it's not required. In this case our presence is still not required, but it's nice to have all the details.

On the last page there's a little box for the social worker's recommendation. It simply reads "FR to PP."

Those six letters mean a lot to me. They mean that the social worker wants to move from Family Reunification (which is what we've been doing for the last 12 months) to Permanent Placement (with us!). No one is recommending continued services this time. The road to adoption could still be a long one, but at least I can be mostly confident (barring any unexpected changes) that it's the road we're on.

I'm getting used to thinking about Mason's permanence in our family. So used to it, in fact, that I shopped for Christmas pj's for him this morning. Yeah. I know. That's what I call comfortably planning in advance. It wasn't even scary.

Here's what I've got so far:

Holiday PJ's



I know it's prematurely festive and a little materialistic, but considering that five months ago I could hardly plan a first birthday party I'm going to call it progress.


3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yeah BABY! I like the elvish one that is green and white stripes with red cuffs. It would look awesome with a Santa hat!!!

Ahn said...

Just bought svea the candy cane jammies from gap. 20% off. size 18-24 mo...so yeah.

also, this is WONDERFUL news.

[Anna] said...

@Jenna - Yes! So cute.

@Ahn - Gap sales are my jam. Mason and Svea are officially the same size. Love it.